The TurboGears team is proud to announce the release of TurboGears 2.1.4!
This release has many new features and bugfixes, all of them listed below. The most important one, though, is that this is the final 2.1.x release, and the final release that will support Python 2.4.
Please make sure to update your code to work on Python 2.5, as that will be the next supported Python version.
I would like to take a moment to thank Alessandro Molina especially. His work made this release possible, and as large as it is. He's been a great asset to the team, and I'm glad to have him on board.
- Deprecated Python 2.4 support. In 2.2, Python 2.4 support will be removed, and only 2.5-2.7 will be supported
- TurboGears extension architecture enhanced. Better support for hooks before and after configuration
- Performance enhancements in tg module and in default templates
- Enhancements to lazy_url
- WebOb version locked in. The change of virtualenv to "distribute" by default has broken dependency_links and allow_hosts in the config files, and this works around that issue.
- Jinja2 filters are now automatically loaded
- Work arounds for best_match, which was not producing the expected behavior with IE7 and IE8
- Add "auto_reload_template" as an .ini option
- Performance tuning the default size of the Genshi cache
- Added Genshi advanced i18n support
- Better compatibility with SQLAlchemy 0.7
- Changed default quickstart options to help ensure that some model is always available
- Documentation enhancements
- Nested RestControllers now work as expected (no longer required to implement "_custom_actions")