This is a maintenance/bugfix release for the 2.1 series. The full changelog is below.
This release has been a long time in the making, and I would like to take a few minutes to thank the people who made it happen.
Mark Ramm, Chris Perkins, and Kevin Dangoor, for supporting me in beginning this whole process back in January.
Alessandro Molina, Christoph Zwerschke, and Diez Roggisch, for contributing much of their precious free time to writing code, making suggestions, and keeping me on track.
Florent Aide and Jon Schemoul, for providing us with a server and tgext.pages to make the site work.
And to everybody in the community that I did not name: Without you, I don't think I would have kept myself working. The results are here, and they belong to you as much as any of the people I named above.
Thank you, everybody. Your support and help mean a great deal to me. I only hope I've lived up to some of your expectations.
I can speak for the whole team when I say that we look forward to continuing to serve the community with quality code, and we look forward to your continued support!
And I know I can say it most strongly for myself. We're back on the move. And I'm liking the results.
Full Change Log Here:
- Fixed dependencies for Python 2.4. Now any packages that are needed are automatically installed.
- Updated package requirements as high as possible.
- Verified nested RestControllers work as expected
- Added/fixed Kajiki support
- Ignore repoze.who_testutil when running nosetests
- Fixed import order for pylons.middleware
- Fixed crash when PYTHONOPTIMIZE is enabled
- Report a warning about ErrorMiddleware is disabled
- Fixed concurrency issues with use_custom_format
- Fixed 404 errors if a controller uses only custom formats
- Verified that user object is available inside of the error controller/template
- Fixed expansion of arguments on before/after calls
- Fixed wrong header response for 405 error
- Fixed WebOb version requirment. Newer version required
- Added test case to check for replace_header when called from WSGIApp
- Fixed issues with Content-Type header appearing multiples times on 204/205 responses
- Removed redundant hasattr checks on override_template
- Improved support for pylons 1.0 strict_c
- Fixed post traceback, now reports to Pylons correctly
- Added test case to check for spurious content type removal on empty content
- Fixed crash when content type header is missing
- Fixed crash when response Content-Type is set to None
- Fixed support for etags. Pylons 1.0 changes slightly, we support the correct version now
- Added dependency_links and setup.cfg allow_hosts: easy_install TurboGears2 now works
- Fixed DecoratedController. should not call super(), 2.6 revealed a problem
- Fixed Genshi output method. Use XHTML if none specified, instead of XML
- Fixed Python 2.4 compatibility issues. Dependencies are now automatically specified
- Updated package version requirements as high as possible
- Fixed about.html instructions about where the logo is found
- Set "zip_safe=False" by default in the templates now
- Tests fixed, now pass
- Added support for sqlalchemy-migrate
- Added option to choose config file
- Added archive_tw_resources command for projects
- Fixed deprecated redirect calls
- Set Genshi templating method by default to XHTML
- Adding dependency_links: easy_install tg.devtools now works
- New book doc project started.
- Added note about how/why to set zip_safe to False
- Fixed import statement in some examples
- Fixed spelling errors
- Fixed wiki tutorial errors about bootstrapping, also the missing setup.py
- Removed dead references in modwsgi deployment documentation
- Fixed warnings. None remain right now
- Implemented new theme donated by Christoph Zwerschke
- Added documentation on how to extract ToscaWidgets resources
- Added tutorials for DataGrid, pagination, sorting, and custom columns