Friday, October 9, 2009

PyFlakes, Wingware, And PEP8

So, as Python developers, we all know about PEP8, right? But how easy is it to follow that standard? If you're like me, having a tool to help you check it is a good thing. Also, if you're like me, you use Wingware.

The tool you've been looking for has arrived, and it's called PyFlakesPanel.


This allows you to add a PyFlakes panel to your tool panels. From there, you can run pyflakes on any open file or package. I like it, quite a bit. It's still in an early form, and there's still room to improve, but it makes for a great start.

Once I manage to get through this deployment that we've been doing all week (and part of next week) at work, I'll see about contributing to it to make it everything I want it to be (assuming the author doesn't beat me to it!).

Check it out. I think you're going to like what you see.

No comments: